While a small island with a small population, Grand Manan does have an active community with many sporting events and activities.
• 9-hole golf course and mini-golf –attractive and challenging nine-hole golf course, found opposite the Red Point Road. MINIATURE GOLF was added in 2002
• Grand Manan Community Arena – a facility built in 2009 on Route 776 between Woodwards Cove and Grand Harbour, houses an indoor skating/hockey rink, the GRAND MANAN BOYS AND GIRLS CLUB, and associated day care and summer camps, the VILLAGE OFFICE/COUNCIL CHAMBERS, and GRAND MANAN FITNESS CENTRE. A Christmas market and a biweekly market are held in the gymnasium in the winter and the Rotary Festival events in the summer.
Ball Fields, tennis courts, and playgrounds
• ALEXANDRIA PARK is located on the Whistle Road (North Head) and boasts a play area and baseball field.
• STANLEY ROAD has tennis courts on the right and a popular play structure on the sand beach at the end of the road from which children swing into the chilly ocean!.
• CASTALIA BALL DIAMOND (Herb MacCauley Memorial Field) is located on the left as you enter Castalia along the main highway from North Head. You get an automatic home run if the ball ends up in the Bay. Playground equipment is also located here.
• VICTORIA PARK on the right on Foster Road in Grand Harbour just before St. Paul's Anglican Church, boasts a supervised swimming pool, children's playground, tennis courts, baseball field and picnic area.
• WINDSOR PARK located up Windsor Road on the right, just before the two red-roofed churches in Seal Cove, has tennis courts, a ball field, and playground.
• WHITE HEAD ISLAND has a playground located next to the two room school house for grades K to 6. An outdoor hockey rink used to be flooded each winter.
• Swimming pool – outdoor pool located on Foster Lane.
• Grand Manan Curling Club located down a lane near the Boys and Girls Club and past the garbage Transfer Station. Summer dances are held in lieu of curling activities. Bingo is also held once a week.
• Road races – 10 km and half Marathon sponsored by the Boys and Girls Club
• Sydney Guptill Shooting Range is off Route 776 (Kent Street) in Grand Harbour, near the RCMP barracks.